- learning ability — the ability to pull together disparate bits of information and process on the fly
- leadership — when faced with a problem at the appropriate time you step in and lead
- ownership — the feeling of responsibility
- humility — the ability to step back and embrace the better ideas of others
- expertise — it is important, but less important than the other four
Bock identifies five key attributes in hiring:
And, really, this entire list and conversation extends to the qualities we are looking for in our teachers.
I will take someone with the other four qualities and lacking in expertise rather than the reverse, any day.
These ‘management’ roles apply to all members, for in a network, everyone is a manager, and everyone can play a leadership role. The principles of openness, transparency, and diversity provide a solid foundation for these roles to be practiced.
Click in to find related links.
Groups interested in compéten...
Related Lists on Diigo