"d, complicating the distribution of conte"
According to Pew, the top three countries in terms of adoption are:
- United States – 46%
- Poland – 43%
- UK – 43%
Sure 46 percent is nice to look at and show to bosses, but what does that really mean? To get a better understanding I’ll break down some statistics based on the major networks and the location based networks.
- 70% of the US’ 149 Million Facebook users login daily (Ogilvy)
- Facebook is the top visited website, accounting for over 8% of all online visits (Hitwise)
- 46% of US small businesses utilize social media in their marketing mix (Vistaprint)
- Americans spend 2 hours, 12 minutes per day on Twitter (Experian)
- 62.14% of Twitter users are in the US (Sysomos)
- 66.93% of iPhone users who utilize Twitter are in the US (Sysomos)
- YouTube accounts for 86% of US online video watching, Hulu, the #2 site, receives just 7% (imediaConnection)
It’s common to see brands with hundreds of thousands of followers and friends – clearly the chance for interaction has never been greater. Yet in a recent Twitter survey, 53% of corporate accounts did not ‘humanise’ their brand, 68% had less than 1,000 followers, and 15% were completely inactive – hardly an example of social media best practice!
- 79 out of the Fortune 100 are using social media as major channel for their marketing and communications
- 88% of surveyed US companies say that their budget will increase for social media in 2011
Social media has many powers – to engage, alienate, create mistrust and make us customers for life who will continue to be brand ambassadors for as long as companies value our relationship. A pretty empowering marketing tool then……and therefore it’s rather unsurprising that corporate take-up has been so significant!
Of US companies surveyed in 2011, 100% said that they were placing an increasing importance on social media as a marketing tool.
Click in to find related links.
Groups interested in state
Items: 1 | Visits: 276
Created by: Kelly Hint
Introduction: We know that b...
Items: 7 | Visits: 273
Created by: Corey Seamster
Research how the concept of...
Items: 21 | Visits: 638
Created by: Tiffaney Gipson