- Just use field settings to tell excel how you want the data to be summarized.
- Right click on any pivot table value, select “value field settings”
- Now go to “Show value as tab” and Change “Normal” to “Difference from”
- Select “Previous” from Base-item area. Leave Base field as-is.
4. Show difference from last month (or year) without bending backwards
We all know that you can show monthly summaries using Pivots. But what if your boss wants you to also include “difference from previous month” as well? Now, dont rush back to source data and add new columns. Here is the right trick to make you a star.
Now, your pivot is updated to show difference from previous column.
Html to wiki converter