A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- The Advanced Google Searches Every Student Should Know - November Learning about 13 hours ago
- Google Classroom is not an LMS. It’s better. | Sustainable Teaching about 20 hours ago
Languages and Literacy | American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages on May 24, 16
four common elements
- The Internet and other information and communication technologies require new social practices, skills, strategies, and dispositions for their effective use;
- New literacies are central to full civic, economic, and personal participation in a global community;
- New literacies rapidly change as defining technologies change;
- New literacies are multiple, multimodal, and multifaceted.
Develop proficiency and fluency with the tools of technology
Design and share information for global communities to meet a variety of purposes;
Create, critique, analyze and evaluate multimedia texts;
- Tour Builder - Group's Travel Plan Team 3 on May 24, 16
- Tour Builder - From Service to Scholarship on May 24, 16
- Measure Text Readability - Readability and Keyword Density Analysis and Tools - Improve your writing and your website marketing with Readability-Score.com on May 24, 16
- TeacherFolio for Learning Plans and Microteaching | STARTALK on May 20, 16
- Making Meaning in the Immersion Classroom | STARTALK on May 20, 16
Jobs and career resource in Sacramento, Ca and Sacramento Valley, Northern California, North State, Nor Cal, Central Valley, Foothills | Sacjobs.com: TRAINING OFFICER I on May 17, 16
Do you like making presentations to groups? Are you a detail oriented person? Do you enjoy working with various levels of staff? Would you like to work in an environment with the ability to grow and learn? Would you like to work in a career with the opportunity to be creative and innovative? Then this is the career path for you! See attached duty statement for full list of duties for this position.
Click below for the Staff Services Analyst job duty:
- http://www.ijflt.org/images/ijflt/articles-may-2016/Modifications%20for%20Teaching%20Mandarin%20Chinese.pdf on May 17, 16
56 members, 675 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
262 members, 1192 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.