A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- Learning Skills and Tutoring Center - Learning Skills and Tutoring Center - Sacramento City College on Sep 16, 16
- 15+ Strange Animal Hybrids Bred In Photoshop | Bored Panda on Sep 16, 16
- 10 ELL Must-Haves for the First Day of School | TESOL Blog on Sep 11, 16
- 19 Brilliant Packing Hacks Seen on Pinterest | #packinghacks on Sep 11, 16
- Hangman games for vocabulary study - Thematic exercises of vocabulary and spelling on Sep 11, 16
- Trip the Light by Alicia Lemke and Matt Harding - Teach Peace NowTeach Peace Now on Sep 11, 16
- Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies) - YouTube on Sep 11, 16
- Videos | Where The Hell Is Matt? on Sep 11, 16
- Where the Hell is Matt? 2012 - YouTube on Sep 11, 16
- KIDS REACT TO WHERE IS MATT? - YouTube on Sep 11, 16
57 members, 682 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
281 members, 1260 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.