A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- ‘Watch-Think-Write’ and Other Proven Strategies for Using Video in the Classroom | KQED Education | KQED about 1 hour ago
- Schedule Updates on Aug 26, 16
- The Fiscal Ship on Aug 20, 16
- FALL 2016 RCC Tutoring Schedule - Google Sheets on Aug 18, 16
- Poll Everywhere on Aug 16, 16
- User guide | Poll Everywhere on Aug 16, 16
- Why do I need subtitles?!? - YouTube on Aug 11, 16
- Rio: Beyond the Map - Google Arts & Culture on Aug 10, 16
- Origami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia on Aug 10, 16
- 20 Strategies for Motivating Reluctant Learners | MindShift | KQED News on Aug 09, 16
56 members, 681 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
281 members, 1260 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.