A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- 8 habits of highly effective language learners on Feb 06, 16
- Google Classroom Video Tutorials Students on Feb 03, 16
- Turning Points & Near-Death Experiences: TED Talks as Authentic Listening Materials | TESOL Blog on Feb 01, 16
- A short comic gives the simplest, most perfect explanation of privilege I've ever seen. on Feb 01, 16
- Online English Grammar and Idiom Practice with Speak Method on Jan 31, 16
- English Free Online: Free Pronunciation Videos and Grammar Tests on Jan 31, 16
- English Pronunciation for Chinese Speakers: Free Online Training Classes on Jan 31, 16
- One Simple Method to Learn Any Language | Scott Young & Vat Jaiswal | TEDxEastsidePrep - YouTube on Jan 26, 16
- Google Groups on Jan 26, 16
- The Open Syllabus Project on Jan 24, 16
57 members, 674 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
260 members, 1190 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.