A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- 20 Healthy Quinoa Recipes for Back-to-School - Simply Quinoa on Aug 30, 15
- DuoLingo Review: The Quick, Easy and Free Way to Learn A Language - Fluent in 3 months - Language Hacking and Travel Tips on Aug 29, 15
- Spaced repetition: Never forget vocabulary ever again - Fluent in 3 months - Language Hacking and Travel Tips on Aug 29, 15
- Is Watching Foreign Language Movies a Waste of Time? - Fluent in 3 months - Language Hacking and Travel Tips on Aug 29, 15
- 7 Common Language Learning Strategies That Don’t Work (And How to Fix Them) - Fluent in 3 months - Language Hacking and Travel Tips on Aug 29, 15
- Facts About Vitreous Detachment | National Eye Institute on Aug 29, 15
- Pitts - An Icebreaker Activity for ESL Students on Aug 26, 15
- Smile Because it Happened - YouTube on Aug 26, 15
- How to change the default browser in Outlook? on Aug 26, 15
- How it Works Video - YouTube on Aug 26, 15
57 members, 672 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
256 members, 1152 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.