A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- Teacherpreneur trade secrets: 5 ways all teachers can advocate for the profession SmartBlogs about 22 hours ago
- Florida’s virtual school options boom | Miami Herald about 22 hours ago
- Assignments & Course Files - NOVASTARTALK on Jul 31, 15
- The Educator with a Growth Mindset: A Professional Development Workshop | User Generated Education on Jul 31, 15
- How to separate learning myths from reality | McKinsey & Company on Jul 31, 15
- Atomic Comics on Jul 31, 15
- Chemistry Ph.D. Student Turned Her Thesis Into a Comic Book | Mental Floss on Jul 31, 15
- ISTE | It’s time to demystify computational thinking on Jul 31, 15
- Best College Majors for a Lucrative Career on Jul 30, 15
- Literacy, Technology, Policy, Etc....A Blog: Docs Story Builder, a great classroom web tool on Jul 30, 15
57 members, 669 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
255 members, 1124 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.