A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- ResourcesfromGreg - Proficiency Resources on May 26, 15
- CAL: Understanding Your Arabic Oral Proficiency - How can I assess my own oral proficiency? on May 25, 15
- Keyboard shortcuts for Google Docs - Docs editors Help on May 25, 15
- ACTFL Performance Guidelines Simplified.doc - Microsoft Word Online on May 25, 15
- STARTALK - Integrating Language, Culture and Content on May 24, 15
- STARTALK 2012 Spring Network for Program Excellence Conference on May 24, 15
- Strategies to Extend Student Thinking | CRLT on May 24, 15
- Strategies for Effective Lesson Planning | CRLT on May 24, 15
- http://www.greececsd.org/files/874/Level%20IV%20to%20ELA%2011.pdf on May 24, 15
- Enduring & Cultural Understandings, Essential Questions on May 24, 15
57 members, 665 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
232 members, 1068 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.