A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- How to take Cornell notes - YouTube on Mar 29, 15
- ReadWorks.org | The Solution to Reading Comprehension on Mar 28, 15
- Newsela | Nonfiction Literacy and Current Events on Mar 28, 15
- Educational Leadership:Early Intervention at Every Age:The Perils and Promises of Praise on Mar 26, 15
- Using Groups To Analyze Data Teaching Technique For Science Lessons on Mar 26, 15
- Canva Design School — Tutorials on Mar 26, 15
- What is PBL? | Project Based Learning | BIE on Mar 26, 15
- Why Kids Need to Move, Touch and Experience to Learn | MindShift on Mar 26, 15
- On reading, Part 4: research on the comprehension strategies - a closer look | Granted, and... on Mar 26, 15
- National Standards for Foreign Language Education | American Council on The Teaching of Foreign Languages on Mar 26, 15
56 members, 665 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
230 members, 1064 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.