A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- Write Tweets Longer than 140 Characters - Tall Tweets about 3 hours ago
- 20 Ways Libraries Are Using Pinterest Right Now - Edudemic about 3 hours ago
- Creativity + Convenience = Glogster about 4 hours ago
- 26 Internet safety talking points | Dangerously Irrelevant about 4 hours ago
- Learning Design for Online Ed: An Interview With Gilly Salmon About Her Carpe Diem MOOC - moocnewsandreviews.com on 2014-03-06
- Chomsky on Academic Labor: How Higher Education Ought to Be on 2014-03-06
- Six Scaffolding Strategies to Use with Your Students | Edutopia on 2014-03-06
- Applying Blooms to the 21st Century Workshop | A Quick look at the SAMR Model | Learnist on 2014-03-05
- 40+ iPad Apps for Reading Disabilities ~ Educational Technology and Mobile Learning on 2014-03-04
- SAMR in 120 Seconds - YouTube on 2014-03-04
53 members, 640 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
175 members, 905 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using technology in second-language instruction. Feel free to share your favorite tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology, and other tech-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.