A former German teacher for over 10 years and director of the Multimedia Language Center at the University of Connecticut for 16, I now teach online.
I am interested in blended learning,constructivism,student empowerment,language learning,and intercultural competencies.
I use Diigo because I can easily collect, organize, and share web-based resources with anyone, from anywhere at any time on any internet-enabled platform. I especially value the ability to annotate resources and to make those annotations private, public or viewable only to select groups and/or friends.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- Doctopus How-to - Google Docs on Jun 25, 16
- Morguefile creative boombonic on Jun 24, 16
- Using I Can Statements in the Classroom - YouTube on Jun 24, 16
- Statistic Of The Day: No Surprise – Having Classroom Windows With A View Of Green Is Important | Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… on Jun 24, 16
- Boosting Achievement with Messages that Motivate | Canadian Education Association (CEA) on Jun 23, 16
- Gradual Release of Responsibility - YouTube on Jun 23, 16
- QR Codes in the Classroom June 2012 - Google Slides on Jun 22, 16
- iLearn Technology » Blog Archive » Make your own QR Code Scavenger Hunt! on Jun 22, 16
- QR Code Auto Generator Template - Google Docs Templates on Jun 22, 16
- Google Groups on Jun 21, 16
56 members, 681 items
Technology Integrators and others who provide support for technology in the classroom. This is not just limited to Maine teachers and support personnel.
30 members, 66 items
resources for students in Arabic
24 members, 3889 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education.
8 members, 640 items
Graduate students from the department of Modern & Classical Languages at the University of Connecticut share their resources and insights on social networking tools for education. This is where we can share resources for our course blog and wiki work.
262 members, 1193 items
carlatech is a group on Diigo where participants in CARLA Technology Institutes and any language teacher can share resources for using the web in second-language instruction (F2F or online). Feel free to share your favorite tips and tools (tell us how you use them), articles about language teachers using technology and teaching online, and other web-related pages and information that would be useful for language teachers to know.