It is my passion to help others learn. I teach at university in undergraduate and graduate programs. I teach in several subject areas in the humanities, but my preferences are in philosophy and linguistics.
I am interested in philosophy,linguistics,First Nations,MOODLE,Web 2.0. My favorite music are Bruce Cockburn. Movies: Ishtar,Milagro Beanfield War,Benny and Joon,Medicine River,Smoke Signals,Expiration Date. TV: NCIS,Bones,Numb3rs,New Tricks,Heartbeat,Doc Martin,Good Neighbours (The Good Life). Books: Bible,Philosophy by Edmund Husserl,Fiction by JRR Tolkien,Dorothy Sayers,Madeleine L'Engle,Ursula LeGuin. My Heroes are Jesus,Gandhi,my wife.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
Chomsky: How America's Great University System Is Being Destroyed | Alternet on Nov 17, 15
You know better than I do what has to be done, the kind of problems you face. Just go ahead and do what has to be done. Don’t be intimidated, don’t be frightened, and recognize that the future can be in our hands if we’re willing to grasp it.
- Small Changes in Teaching: The Minutes Before Class - The Chronicle of Higher Education on Nov 16, 15
- ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines 2012 | American Council on The Teaching of Foreign Languages on Nov 16, 15
What’s the Point of a Professor? - NYTimes.com on Nov 16, 15
When college is more about career than ideas, when paycheck matters more than wisdom, the role of professors changes. We may be 50-year-olds at the front of the room with decades of reading, writing, travel, archives or labs under our belts, with 80 courses taught, but students don’t lie in bed mulling over what we said. They have no urge to become disciples.
- Instructor - Herbst Program of Humanities in Engineering on Nov 09, 15
- TEAMMATES [Home] - Online Peer Feedback/Evaluation System for Student Team Projects on Nov 09, 15
- CATME | Smarter Teamwork on Nov 09, 15
- UDL On Campus: UDL in Higher Ed on Oct 30, 15
- UDL On Campus: Home on Oct 30, 15
- Ten reasons to teach thinking — The Learner's Way on Oct 26, 15
32 members, 115 items
For the connected courses MOOC #ccourses
6957 members, 16225 items
A place for members of www.Classroom20.com to share links, Classroom 2.0 is social networking site devoted to those interested in the practical application of computer technology (especially Web 2.0) in the classroom and in their own professional development.
957 members, 5591 items
Digital Ethnography at KSU
820 members, 3395 items
Group for the Australian Flexible Learning Framework's E-learning Innovations Grant staff and recipients
26 members, 131 items
Links regarding the use of technology in the language classroom, including articles, tools, trends, etc...