Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- The Materiality of Research: ‘The Materiality of Motherhood in Academic Research: Notes on ”Workflow” from a Mid-Life Doctoral Mother’ by Helen Butlin | LSE Review of Books on Apr 22, 16
- Netflix rechtstreeks op je Proximus TV decoder? Activeer snel en eenvoudig - Proximus on Apr 11, 16
- Amazing Belgium on Apr 11, 16
Life Cycle Assessment of our products - Nexans on Mar 24, 16
- Nexans is working successfully to lighten cables for planes, ships and cars.
- The Group is developing solutions that limit the amount of heat generated by equipment, which helps prevent energy loss.
- The company is conducting in-depth research to guarantee that Nexans’ cables are resistant in tough environments: deep water, high pressure, extreme temperatures, corrosion, fire endurance, intense mechanical stress, etc.
- Selecting less polluting materials for cable jackets and connectors, and identifying these materials makes it easier to process end-of-life cables.
The Group’s R&D teams rely on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to determine the best solutions. Using this method, the environmental impact of a product can be measured, from extracting the raw materials that compose the product to its end-of-life disposal, and including the processes of production, distribution and use. To help engineers in their design work, the EIME software (Environmental Information and Management Explorer) compares the impact of each option.
Life-Cycle Assessment for Wire and Cable Insulation and Jacketing | Safer Choice | US EPA on Mar 24, 16
- Raw material extraction or acquisition and material processing
- Product manufacture
- Product use/maintenance
- End-of-life disposition
Using a life-cycle assessment approach, the study generated data to help manufacturers, users, and suppliers of wire and cable incorporate environmental considerations into their decision-making processes. An LCA examines all of the steps involved in manufacturing, using, and disposing of a product or material, and estimates environmental impacts from each of the following stages:
- IEEE Xplore Abstract - Economic Feasibility Study of an HTS DC Induction Furnace on Mar 15, 16
- Kies uw cursus bij Amira Language School on Mar 13, 16
- EMAB - Energy Managers Association Belgium | BEMAS - Bridge to worldclass Maintenance and Asset Management on Mar 12, 16
- Homepage - Federazione Italiana per l'uso Razionale dell'Energia on Mar 12, 16
- Energy Managers Association on Mar 12, 16
5144 members, 16793 items
Share your review, tips, tricks, and ideas for using Diigo here, and discuss our features, ideas for new features, anything Diigo related. Note that bookmarks posted to this group have no relation to 'Hot Bookmarks from the Diigo Community'.
1 members, 29 items
Tourist attractions in & around Belgium
15 members, 126 items
Standards, policy, regulation & action to ensure or improve electrical safety of users & professionals around the globe.
1 members, 2 items
The International Union for Electricity Applications (l'Union Internationale Pour Applications de l'Electricité) is a non governmental and non profit making organization founded in 1953. Its objective is to promote and develop the applications of electricity respecting demands in the fields of the p
9 members, 70 items
Archive of pages from the Leonardo ENERGY website