Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- [Index] Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD, 8.9&q… | Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD, 8.9" Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire 2 | XDA Forums about 15 hours ago
- AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows on Nov 24, 15
- How To Check and Increase PHP Memory Limit In WordPress - BubbleIndia on Nov 23, 15
Ally Bank Checking Account changing: unlimited ATM fee reimbursement gone : personalfinance on Nov 21, 15
It only takes 4-5 business days if you "pull" money from an external account. If you "push" from that account into your Schwab account, it's 1-2 business days.
- Multivitamin: Thorne Fx Vs Nutrience - Page 2 - General Discussion - Bulletproof Forum - Page 2 on Nov 20, 15
- vandre/mojito on Nov 20, 15
- Explore investment opportunities on Nov 19, 15
- TIME #2: HOW IS TIME BUILT? on Nov 19, 15
- voxmedia/verge-50 on Nov 18, 15
Why Static Website Generators Are The Next Big Thing – Smashing Magazine on Nov 18, 15
We all know this data: 57% of online visitors will abandon a page if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load. People used to be willing to wait up to 10 seconds, but expectations are way higher today.
Static website generation also eliminates a lot of performance concerns during the development process.
If you’re building a dynamic database-driven website, the efficiency of the database queries you’re making is extremely important because they’ll need to be fast enough to run once for every single HTTP request. Even if a solid caching layer lies on top of your website, there’s often a risk that some requests will effectively work as cache-busters, triggering worst-case queries in the back end and causing the whole system to grind to a halt.
With a static-generated website, it doesn’t matter much if pulling content into a template takes a few seconds more or less: That only happens when you publish, and there will never be a performance penalty for end users.
5 members, 30 items
A place for us to track our Crossfit workouts and post links to any interesting information we find.
4813 members, 13790 items
Share your review, tips, tricks, and ideas for using Diigo here, and discuss our features, ideas for new features, anything Diigo related. Note that bookmarks posted to this group have no relation to 'Hot Bookmarks from the Diigo Community'.