Teacher, learner, troublemaker. Assistant Professor of Political Science & International Studies, Dickinson College, PA, USA. Specialist in the Middle East including Turkey. Former British diplomat. Member of the NITLE Advisory Board.
Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- Narrow Media Coverage of Study linking Climate Change to Syria Conflict Misses Fractious Debate on a Field's Scholarship - Collide-a-Scape about 4 hours ago
- BBC News - Facebook rant lands US man in UAE jail about 10 hours ago
- Booze, Tragedy, and Satire: Why ‘Beer in the Snooker Club’ Shares Shelf Space With ‘1984’ | Arabic Literature (in English) about 19 hours ago
- Cyprus port deal gives Russian navy alternative to Tartus - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East on Mar 04, 15
- UK bans ad for implying Old Jerusalem part of Israel | Middle East Eye on Mar 04, 15
- Starbucks becomes flashpoint between Turks, Armenians - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East on Mar 04, 15
- Who among us hasn't switched email accounts when o on Mar 03, 15
HT : Us and them ........http://t.co/Qbm1QaZz6q on Mar 03, 15
HT @thereaIbanksy: Us and them ........http://t.co/Qbm1QaZz6q
- Iraqi forces launch offensive to take strategic city from Islamic State - The Washington Post on Mar 03, 15
Egypt to add cooking oil to smart card system in months - minister - News - Aswat Masriya on Mar 03, 15
Egypt plans to add subsidised cooking oil to a new smart card system implemented last year, Supplies Minister Khaled Hanafi said on Monday, a move aimed at saving money and cutting down queues for poor consumers.
The government is trying to pull off the delicate task of reforming a decades-old system of subsidies that has drained state coffers without angering Egypt's rapidly growing population.
Egypt has seen a months-long shortage in butane cylinders, which most poor Egyptians use for cooking, leading to a jump in prices on the black market.
Egypt, the world's largest wheat importer, loses an estimated 1.6 million tonnes of wheat a year worth around $500 million because of inadequate storage.
21 members, 1192 items
Resources about Sidibouzid and current Tunisian riots from all countries.<br />Hashtag twitter to show : #sidibouzid or #jasminrevolt #arabspringArticles about current arabic revolutions : Algeria, Egypt (#jan25), Jordan, Libya,...
56 members, 181 items
Diigo group for participants in CCK08 and/or CCK09 (and any future iterations of the Siemens/Downes open courses on Connectivism and Connective Knowledge).
5 members, 22 items
Diigo group for NITLE's Chinese Studies summer seminar
2 members, 28 items
For collecting media on activism at Dickinson College, PA
47951 members, 24816 items
“Diigo In Education” - Phase I just released. More to come.. Share your classroom usecase, ideas, reviews, features, and wishlists for making Diigo a great resource and platform in teaching and learning. Let's explore the full potential of Diigo as an educational tool.