Recent Bookmarks and Annotations
- The Deadly Global War for Sand | WIRED on Mar 26, 15
- Statistical analysis of football: The once and future king | The Economist on Mar 24, 15
- The Climate Wars Are Upon Us | Al Jazeera America on Mar 23, 15
Malcolm Turnbull gives thumbs up to journalists using online encryption services on Mar 21, 15
"If you're a smart journalist, and I said this in the house today ... and you are dealing with confidential sources, you as the journalist have an obligation to protect your sources and using encrypted messaging applications and taking care that you don't leave an electronic trail is very important," Mr Turnbull said.
- Climate change in the Fertile Crescent and implications of the recent Syrian drought on Mar 21, 15
- Climate Change Helped Spark Syrian War, Study Says on Mar 21, 15
- Libya's NOC said it's learned of efforts to sell oil illegally - UPI.com on Mar 15, 15
- Pagerank Algorithm Reveals World's All-Time Top Soccer Team | MIT Technology Review on Mar 15, 15
- Water Scarcity Risks Being a Source of Conflict - Fair Observer on Mar 10, 15
- Five Ways to Grow Edibles Vertically | Permaculture Magazine on Mar 09, 15
19 members, 35 items
Discussion about statistical software packages, applied statistics and data analysis
1 members, 13 items
Information regarding the allegations made against IPCC before and during COP15 - Climategate, Glaziergate, whatevergate. In other words: Journalismgate research."Press reports are wildly, spectacularly inconsistent, as the press tries to spectacularize a sober, unspectacular, genuine critique into a crisis or a triumph."
2 members, 22 items
1 members, 32 items
Reading, understanding and using the books of Nassim Nicholas Taleb - Fooled by Randomness and The Black Swan. I was also impressed by Eric Beinhocker's The Origin of Wealth and will look out for similar reading online and printed. Please join :-)
725 members, 1140 items
Please share your stuff about Linux.