23 Nov 10
Hard won advice from Kay Lehmann and Lisa Chamberlin. Take some time now to save so much more time later!
14 Jan 11
Excellent resource from UW-Stout Online. Specific advice for both students and teachers. A fine description of what all online educators would love to see in their discussion threads.
The Discussion Board is a vital part of communication in online learning. If all participants agree to follow a few principles of civility and professionalism, the discussion board can be a great opportunity to express opinions, share ideas, and receive feedback from peers who are engaged in the same learning objectives.
09 Jan 11
This is a comprehensive checklist of best practices for online instruction. The resource was built by Joan Vandervelde and Jim Erbe from the Online Professional Development program at the University of Wisconsin Stout.
This orientation is organized into four stages of teaching an online class.
Dennis OConnor's Public Lists (50)
- 21cif Interactive Tutorials
- 21cif.com Guided Tour: Evaluating Web 2.0 Resources
- 6-trait parent handbooks
- 6-Traits Word Choice
- Common Core Standards
- Copyright, Citation and Fair Use
- Cutting Edge Green Technology
- D2L Orientation: Video Tutorials for UW-Stout's E-Learning for Educators
- Detecting Plagiarism (Interactive Games)
- Diigo Concepts
- E-Learning for Educators
- e-learning jobs
- GoogleSites: Tutorials
- Information Investigator
- K-12 Online Toolkit
- Libraries, Web 2.0, Fact-Checking
- mba - Online
- Moodle On Demand Training Videos
- Moodle Resources
- Online Bachelor's Degree
- Online Instructor Toolkit
- Online Teaching Toolkit: Information Fluency Learning Games and Resources
- Physics Resources
- Siftable Computing
- Six Traits Resources
- UNESCO- ICT Standards
- UW-Stout Online LIbrary Services
- Values Presentation
- virtual field trips
- Webinar Instructor
- Weebly- Video Tutorials
- WSI --- Website Investigator Tutorials