11 Apr 08
05 Mar 10
23 May 10
23 May 10
Top 10 sites for Creating Digital Magazines/Newspapers
1. Issuu - One of the most popular and successful online digital magazine creators/publishers around, with a very nice user interface.
2. Yudu - Upload a document or PDF to create an online magazine that can be emailed our or embedded into a site.
3. Openzine - Very user friendly site with an abundance of templates and layouts to create a professional-looking magazine and share online.
4. NewsCred - Create a terrific looking online newspaper in 5 minutes, similar to Openzine.
5. Scribd - A very popular Web 2.0 site for creating online content and publishing.
6 Fodey - A fun site to create a newspaper and then download to print out or put on a blog or site.
7. Zinepal - A great way to bring the news to students by "clipping" online articles. This is a wonderful site for those making the move to ebook readers.
8. Paper.li - A fantastic site to turn Twitter into an online readable magazine.
9. Guzzle.it - Is a news aggregator that puts online news in one customizable place.
17 Sep 10
nine trends that we’re currently tracing with regards to digital content in Higher Education
The increased disaggregation of content and the breaking up of the traditional textbook model
A proliferation of e-content and e-learning apps that support content disaggregation and new product models
A merging of the current rental market and the e-textbook market
A wide range of license/subscription models designed to respond to consumer demands around price and ownership
The growth of Open Education Resource (OER) repositories
The development of a common XML format for e-textbooks, shared by all publishers and educational technology players
The importance of devices and branded devices
The development of e-commerce and new product ecosystems that challenge the traditional college bookstore
A move from evolution to innovation and revolution
28 Sep 10
04 Oct 10
07 Oct 10
11 Nov 10
19 Nov 10
" InTech" a multidisciplinary Open Access publisher of journals and books covering the fields of Science, Technology and Medicine. Since 2004, we have published more than 270 books with the aim of providing FREE online access to high-quality research.
14 Dec 10
26 Dec 10
- Project Gutenberg: 33,000 free e-books, including all of the classics, available in Kindle, HTML and simple text formats.
- Google E-Bookstore: The free section is filled with thousands of free, scanned copies of books, available in Kindle-friendly PDF formats.
- Internet Archive: Millions of primarily rare, out-of-print works in multiple languages and formats (including Kindle), especially useful for academic work.
- Open Library: 20 million user-contributed items in multiple editions and formats (including Kindle).
- ManyBooks.net: Nearly 30,000 titles, many of which have been pulled from Project Gutenberg. Has a good collection of little-known Creative Commons works.
- LibriVox: Thousands of free audiobooks.
Steve Yuen's Public Lists (54)
- 21st Century Learning
- Augmented Realty
- Collaboration Tools
- Conferencing Tools
- digital natives
- E-Learning 2.0
- Educational Technology
- Free Tools for Teachers
- Game-based Learning
- How To
- Instructional Design
- Journals and Reports
- Learning Analytics
- Mobile Learning
- Mobile Technology
- Office Tools
- Online Storage
- Open Learning
- Open Source
- Personal Learning Network
- QR Codes
- Research Tools
- Search Tools
- Second Life
- Social Bookmarking
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Teacher Resources
- Technology Future
- Virtual Worlds
- Web 2.0
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Web 3.0
- Web Design