18 Feb 11
24 Feb 11
22 Jul 11
"won't work if you set your computer to go to sleep, though, so be sure to turn sleep off if you want your surveillance!"
14 Jul 12
- Here are the seven principles:
- Follow the status of your people as well as the status of the work.
- Get to know your flock, one sheep at a time.
- Engage your people on a regular basis.
- Keep your eyes and ears open, question, and follow through.
- Your choice of sheep can make flock management easier or harder.
- Start with healthy sheep, or you'll inherit someone else's problems.
- Know the shape of your sheep to make sure they're in the right fold.
- Build trust with your followers by modeling authenticity, integrity, and compassion.
- Set high standards of performance
- Relentlessly communicate your values and sense of mission.
- Define the cause for your people and tell them where they fit in.
- Remember that great leadership isn't just professional; it's personal.
- Keep your people well informed.
- Infuse every position with importance.
- Cull chronic instigators from the flock.
- Regularly rotate the sheep to fresh pastures.
- Reassure the sheep by staying visible.
- Don't give problems time to fester.
- Know where you're going, get out in front, and keep your flock on the move.
- When directing, use persuasion rather than coercion.
- Give your people freedom of movement, but make sure they know where the fence line is. Don't confuse boundaries with bridles!
- When your people get in trouble, go and get them out.
- Remind your people that failure isn't fatal.
- Protect: Stand in the gap and fight for your sheep.
- Correct: Approach discipline as a teaching opportunity.
- Inspect: Regularly inquire about your people's progress.
- Great leadership is a lifestyle, not a technique.
- Every day you have to decide who's going to pay for your leadership ~ you or your people.
- Most of all, have a heart for your sheep.
1 - Know the conditions of your flock
16 Jul 12
1 - 15 of 15
List Comments (0)
Ads by Google
Steve Yuen's Public Lists (54)
- 21st Century Learning
- Augmented Realty
- Collaboration Tools
- Conferencing Tools
- digital natives
- E-Learning 2.0
- Educational Technology
- Free Tools for Teachers
- Game-based Learning
- How To
- Instructional Design
- Journals and Reports
- Learning Analytics
- Mobile Learning
- Mobile Technology
- Office Tools
- Online Storage
- Open Learning
- Open Source
- Personal Learning Network
- QR Codes
- Research Tools
- Search Tools
- Second Life
- Social Bookmarking
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Teacher Resources
- Technology Future
- Virtual Worlds
- Web 2.0
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Web 3.0
- Web Design