15 Feb 14
Several studies have found evidence of improvement in time on task and working memory capacity in children with ADHD following "brain training" designed to increase these skills.
31 Jan 14
Microscopic analysis of brain of HM 2014
24 Jan 14
"Researchers stimulated neurons from the mouse's hippocampus, where memories are made and stored, and then watched fluorescently glowing beta-actin mRNA molecules form in the nuclei of neurons and travel within dendrites, the neuron's branched projections. They discovered that mRNA in neurons is regulated through a novel process described as "masking" and "unmasking," which allows beta-actin protein to be synthesized at specific times and places and in specific amounts."
24 Jan 14
Repeated attempts at taking quizzes appears to improve grades for medical school students
21 Jan 14
Followup story by Lesley Stahl on people with hyperthymesia - highly superior autobiographical memory. 2014
21 Jan 14
Lesley Stahl's first report on Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory (HSAM) from 2010
20 Jan 14
Summary of tricks used by professional actor to learn their lines: deep processing, attachment of lines to movement, emotional associations.
16 Jan 14
29 Dec 13
Excerpts from an Oliver Sacks essay in New York Review of Books, plus a little more, on the constructive, fallible nature of memory, and how it might serve a function to be so.
25 Dec 13
44 min episode from Brain Games - Test your Brain (2012) - demos of memory
14 Dec 13
Review of recent research in memory construction.
22 Nov 13
Link to original report
30 Oct 13
Current (2013) research on infantile amnesia.
26 Oct 13
abstract - looks at evidence for representations of memory of traumatic experience in preverbal infants and children
12 Sep 13
Carol Furchner's Public Lists (46)
- cog-artificial intelligence
- Meditation Video/Audio
- Psy 105 - Careers in Psychology
- PSY105 - Digital Brain
- Psy105-Cell Phones
- Psy105-chapter01 - psych overview
- Psy105-Chapter02 - brain
- PSY105-Chapter03 - consciousness
- Psy105-Chapter04 - nature-nurture
- Psy105-Chapter05 - development
- Psy105-Chapter06 - perception
- Psy105-Chapter07 - learning
- Psy105-Chapter08 - memory
- Psy105-Chapter10 - Motivation
- Psy105-Chapter12 - personality
- Psy105-Chapter13 - psychopathology
- Psy105-Chapter14 - therapy
- Psy105-Chapter15 - social
- Psy105-Classic Social Psychology Experiments
- Psy105-Myth & Belief