Group annotations on this page
peterbromberg on 2011-04-05"Tip for modularizing your workshops...
* Break workshop into 60-90 minutes segments. This allows breaks in between segments and makes each segment easier to design and deliver.
* Assign a theme to each segment. This clarifies the focus of participants attention on this theme throughout the segment and serves as a design guide for you.
* Define discrete object ives. Each segment should contain no more than three discrete objectives you aim to attain by the end of the session which you make clear to the participants at the outset.
* Include interactive elements. Use experiential activities to involve all participants and appeal to all learning styles. This brings more energy, learning, and life to your workshops.
* Include an action or application element in each segment. This helps participants integrate and apply what they've learned or discovered.
* Include inspirational elements. Including quotes, stories, and other emotional elements are more likely to inspire participants to integrate and act on what they learn, as well as making your workshops for interesting and fun."
peterbromberg on 2011-04-05Nothing we don't know already, but nicely summarized :-)