Group annotations on this page
theenergynet on 2009-06-22Power lines, such as those near Hoover Dam, cannot be built to reach remote areas for renewable energy development until the areas for energy production are agreed upon. Several entities have offered or are working on maps locating renewable energy resources.
By Alexandra Berzon (contact)
Tue, Jun 16, 2009 (2 a.m.)
Click to enlarge photo
Related Document (.pdf)
* See the Western Renewable Energy Zones report
* State thinks big on solar power (6-15-2009)
* The power of the desert (4-5-2009)
* State faces obstacles to cashing in on sun (3-9-2009)
* Archive of Sun energy stories
* States, energy secretary agree to safe nuclear waste transport
On one map they look like bubbles. On another they’re more like hot dogs.
These shaded circles and oblongs in Nevada and across the West could one day be clusters of solar power plants, wind farms or geothermal energy projects.