Group annotations on this page
jeff-milw on 2008-07-29First Things First, a framework for school reform, has one goal: to help students at all academic levels gain the skills to succeed in post-secondary education and good jobs. In the process, FTF helps districts and schools meet the requirements of No Child Left Behind.
FTF districts and schools commit to:
• Strengthening relationships among students and adults.
• Improving engagement, alignment and rigor of teaching and learning in every classroom, every day.
• Allocating all resources - budget, staff, time and space - to achieve the first two goals.
Our partners achieve these changes using three strategies:
• Small learning communities.
• The Family Advocate System.
• Instructional improvement.