Group annotations on this page
Diigo is like a next generation Delicious: it’s social bookmarking with the ability to also append comments and discussions on resources to the resources links, and to highlight and comment on sections of resources you’ve linked to. Being a Web2.0 tool, you can then expose these resources, comments, discussions and highlights to other applications using feeds and widgets. This means that the ECN can use Diigo to share resources and their experiences with them in one common place, but the results of this can be picked up and exposed in any site or repository.
instead of saving your favourites or bookmarks in your browser, you save them to your account on the website; this way, it doesn’t matter what computer you are on, you can always access them. You can import your browser bookmarks
Diigo is a next-generation social bookmarking site. It includes features for sharing and exposing annotations of, discussions around, and highlighted portions from resources, as well as really useful group features, allowing groups with specific interests to discuss and share resources.
- You can put a block in Netvibes from a Diigo group; you’ll see resources shared publicly within that group, along with tags, descriptions, comments, discussions, and highlighted portions of those resources.
- For each resource you can either view all the Diigo commentary on the resource, or view the resource directly (you can toggle easily between these in Netvibes).
- You can link straight from that block by tag, by user, by group, and by resource, and go straight into the relevant place in Diigo.
- You can have a block in Netvibes showing a public group’s forum discussions.
- You can have a block in Netvibes showing your resource list slideshow.
- You can have blocks in Netvibes based on feeds for specific tags, e.g. a block showing everything tagged “employability”. This means you can have a fairly fine-grained structure within Netvibes, making it easier for visitors to the Netvibes page to find things on the main topics of interest.
Diigo and Netvibes
We’re trialling using Netvibes as a central gathering and dissemination point for resources shared and recommended via the ECN. Netvibes lets you put any number of “blocks” or widgets into it so it’s a one-stop-shop with little windows into feeds and pages and tools from other sites.