Group annotations on this page
eskcsg on 2008-10-21Socially responsible investment industry leaders will focus considerable attention on the global financial crisis at the 19th annual SRI in the Rockies Conference October 26-28, 2008.
A record 720 participants are expected to converge on The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, in Whistler, British Columbia. Several of the scheduled conference sessions will feature experts discussing how socially conscious investors can help to reshape the future of the global financial system around the principles of transparency, fairness, good governance, and long-term thinking, including:
• A CEO Roundtable on Industry Trends;
• A Banking Sector panel focused on Sustainable Global Finance;
• A session on Philanthropy and Mission-Related Investing;
• An expert panel on the Sub-Prime Mortgage Situation;
• A roundtable discussion with International SRI Industry Leaders;
• A discussion about how wise management of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues can reduce risk and position companies to excel over the long term; and
• A Special Session that will focus specifically on the global financial crisis.